Head of Information Technology
The Doon School seeks to appoint well-qualified and effective Head of Information Technology. The successful applicant must have a passion for the application of technology in the field of education and demonstrated experience doing so.
We at The Doon School believe that technology will play a key enabling role in the future of education. Whether it is enabling the teaching process to improve learning outcomes or facilitating the pastoral process which is key to the development of students in their formative teenage years or enabling seamless functioning of administrative functions, technology plays a center stage role in making these outcomes a reality.
We are looking for a “hands on” leader who is deeply passionate about leveraging technology for better educational outcomes in a boarding school environment. The candidate is required to have excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with a wide spectrum of stakeholders. The role overseas all aspects of technology related activities in School such as enterprise applications (ERP, LMS, HRMS etc), point software solutions, technology training, hardware infrastructure, network infrastructure, and IT helpdesk services.
The role reports to the Headmaster and works in close partnership with the School’s leadership team and the IT Steering Committee of the School. This role involves working with the Headmaster, his leadership team and the IT steering committee to create and implement the technology roadmap for the School. The person is expected to play the role of a technology thought partner to the academic, pastoral and administrative functions and work collaboratively with them to find innovative applications of technology which result in measurable improved functional outcomes.
Candidates may apply for the post with a detailed CV along with a covering letter. Applications should be couriered to:
Human Resources Department,
The Doon School,
Mall Road, Dehradun,
Applications may also be submitted via email by sending them to [email protected] with subject “Application for Head of IT.”
A more detailed description of the roles and responsibilities is provided below:
1. Core Enterprise Applications: ERP, LMS, HRMS, FMS etc The role involves primary responsibility for new implementations and the ongoing evolution of these platforms to ensure that they continue to meet the School’s evolving needs.
2. Point Software Solutions: Software solutions serving specific needs of groups within School.
3. Operating Systems/Platforms: Windows, MacOS, MS Office, Google Suite etc
4. Hardware Infrastructure: Desktops, Servers, Virtualization, Backup etc.
5. Network Infrastructure: LAN, WAN, Wifi, Internet Connectivity, Information Security Both hardware and network infrastructure are supported by onsite teams from our outsourced partners. The role entails providing leadership, guidance and ongoing governance to these outsourced teams to ensure high levels of infrastructure uptime/availability.
6. IT Training: Doing a Training Needs Analysis and then arranging training sessions for the most in-demand requirements. Having a term wise training calendar and tracking implementation and effectiveness.
7. Exploratory IT Initiatives: The role is expected to collaborate with the teaching staff on exploratory initiatives in new areas of technology (like 3D printing, robotics, IOT etc) to determine if exposure to some of these can be given to the students to enrich their learning.
8. IT Policies: The creation, ownership and implementation of all IT and IT related policies.
9. Events Support: Support for School events (Founders Day, Plays, Dramas, Debates, Music Competitions etc) and exams (online School exams, SAT, ACT, etc)
10. IT Budget: Own the end-to-end budgeting process, ongoing implementation and maintaining the budget to actual performance of the IT function.
The successful candidate will receive:
– An industry competitive salary package.
– Medical insurance for self and immediate family.
– Life insurance for self.
– Personal accident insurance for self.
– Free meals for self during term time.
– Fee re-imbursement of local day school fee.
Those candidates selected for interview will be provided with a detailed programme.