Part Time Teacher of Geography
The Doon School seeks to appoint well-qualified and effective Part time Teacher of Geography. The successful applicant must have passion and an unwavering belief in the difference that they can make. We deliver an innovative curriculum that develops skills, thinking and process, leading to a Cambridge IGCSE, ISC and IB programme.
Candidates are required to have B.A degree in Geography. With all things being equal, candidates with a B.Ed degree may be preferred. Candidates are expected to have a minimum of 3 years teaching experience, ideally with IGCSE, ISC or IB board. We are looking for teachers who can turn their subject knowledge into practical, applied and relevant learning. Candidates must also have excellent communication skills and the emotional intelligence to build strong relationships with students, colleagues and parents alike.
Candidates may apply for the post with a detailed CV along with a covering letter. Applications should reach the Human Resources Department, The Doon School, Mall Road, Dehradun – 248001 or E-mail to [email protected] with the subject ‘Application for Part Time Teacher of Geography.’
The Teachers are required to teach through grade 7th to 12th. The Board that the School follows are CIE,IB and ISC.
However, the successful applicant will be expected to do the following:
• To intellectually inspire each boy with the love of Learning.
• Teach a core load and to adhere to all department policies, schemes of work and meet all internal and public examination requirements.
• To fully participate in the department’s existing programme and to be an innovative member of this essential part of The Doon School’s curriculum.
• Support the department in the carrying out of substitution work.
• Teach extra classes to support each boy as is deemed necessary.
• To attend all on going subject and whole school training as part of the School’s ongoing professional development programme.
• Perform examination duties and contribute to the setting of examination papers as required, both internally and externally.
• Adhere to the department’s and School’s marking and reporting assessment scheme and to attend all PTMs ( Parent Teacher Meetings).
• To support the work of the Careers Information, Education and Guidance Department.
• Carrying out all teaching and other aspects of life as a professional teacher at The Doon School with honesty and integrity.
• To undertake duties and responsibilities requested by the Headmaster from time to time.
• To be able to escort boys on various department trips.
• To be able to use technology to teach the Subject.
• He should be able to make lesson plans.
• In addition to the teaching responsibility, a teacher at The Doon School is expected to get whole heartedly involved in the pastoral duty and co – curricular activities offered at the School.
• All members of teaching staff are also expected to get involved in various sports available to student at the School.
The successful candidate will receive:
• Excellent salary package.
• Medical insurance for immediate family.
• Free meals.
• Personal insurance.
Those candidates selected for interview will be provided with a detailed programme.