C/D: The boys have a daily sports class in addition to the sports afternoons through the week and a full fixture list of inter-house and inter-school, IPSC district, state and national fixtures. Boys are taught the skills and techniques to play the following:
- Table tennis
In 2014, the school opened a shooting range in school. Boys can also learn golf.
In C/D Physical Education is a core element of a balanced education for boys and contributes towards the integrated development of the mind and body. It builds self-confidence and self-esteem, enhances physical, social and cognitive development and improves academic achievement. By encouraging qualities such as perseverance, initiative and independence pupils experience a feeling of success and enjoyment. Physical Education encourages children to acquire knowledge of the relationship between the care of the body, well-being and an active and healthy lifestyle. Boys are taught sports by qualified sports teachers and their skills are enhanced by the programme of pre-season training with FC Barcleona for soccer and the MCC for cricket.
- Athletics: Boys have been awarded gold and silver medals in the district tournament.
- Badminton: Boys have represented the school at the SGFI National Games and the school has won the IPSC tournaments and district tournaments.
- Basketball: Boys have recently represented the state in the National State Championships and the U18 Indian team. One of our boys was also the Captain of the U18 team. In 2011 and 2012, 2013 and 2014,junior boys were selected to play at the state level. Boys have also been offered places at SRCC on the sports extra-curricular quota after a national level competition.
- Cricket: Our boys have represented at the Junior U16 level.
- Hockey: Representation at state level for the training squad.
- Shooting: Olympian Gold Medallist Abhinav Bindra, who led the Indian team at the Commonwealth Games Opening Ceremony, is a Doon School alumnus. A boy currently in Class 10 represents India in the Youth U18 Shooting team and is ranked No. 5. He has represented India for two years before that and was in the Indian squad for the 2013 Asian Youth Games. Currently three of our boys are national level shooters.
- Soccer: Boys have played at state level in 2010 and were selected for the senior U19 and junior U17 National Soccer Tournaments 2011, 2013 and 2014.
- Squash: Boys have played in 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014 for the state in the National State Championship.
- Tennis: There has been representation at SGFI National Games.
- Table Tennis: Boys played in the IPSC National Schools Championship in 2010 and 2011.
Swimming: Boys have won U14 and U19 medals at the IPSC National Swimming Competition in 2013 and 2014.
B/A: The ICSE curriculum is available to view at www.cisce.org
S/SC: The ISC curriculum is available to view at www.cisce.org
Sport is on offer to all age groups at The Doon School. All year groups have PE classes each day timetabled in to the curriculum. It plays a central role in supporting the ethos of the school and a first class education. The Doon School has a strong reputation for sport and there is a demanding and growing fixture list, with depth in teams, backed up by extensive playing fields and facilities. The majority of boys flourish in school or house teams, while some progress to district, state and national level. There is an opportunity for all pupils to maximise their potential via an extensive co-curricular programme which is second-to-none. Boys can participate in a rich range of sports commensurate with their abilities and every boy should be able to find a skill to become engaged in. Teamwork is fostered, leaders are identified and developed and boys learn much about themselves and others; sport is a vehicle for personal development. The school benefits from a team of expert professional coaches. In addition, the academic staff are enthusiastically committed to helping deliver the extensive sports programme. Tours and pre-season training:
The major sports are soccer, cricket and hockey.
Other sports taken almost all the year round are swimming and basketball
Individual sports played all the year round are all racket sports
The school offers a gym and fitness room, squash courts, and sports pavilion as well as the use of the multi-purpose hall for boxing and badminton.
The school has a 25 metre pool, several pitches and net facilities as well as multiple new basketball and tennis courts with flood lights. Boys have the opportunity to play golf locally.
Badminton, circuit weights, dance, trampolining, volleyball, yoga and boxing are all on offer.