Vacancies at Doon
The Doon School seeks to appoint well-qualified and effective Teachers. The successful applicants must have passion and an unwavering belief in the difference that they can make. We deliver an innovative curriculum that develops skills, thinking and process, leading to a Cambridge IGCSE, ISC and IB programme.
The school has following vacancies:
1) Teacher of Physics
2) Teacher of Mathematics
3) Teacher of Design & Technology
4) Teacher of English
5) Teacher of German
Candidate should have a minimum of 3 years teaching experience, ideally with IGCSE, ISC or IB board. We are looking for teachers who can turn their subject knowledge into practical, applied and relevant learning. Candidates must also have excellent communication skills and the emotional intelligence to build strong relationships with students, colleagues and parents alike. The Doon School is a fully residential school and all of our teachers are expected to participate and contribute in the active sporting, service, pastoral and co-curricular life of the school. The work environment, quality of life and professional development here are second to none.
Candidates may apply for the post with a detailed CV along with a covering letter. Applications should reach the Human Resources Department, The Doon School, Mall Road, Dehradun – 248001 or E-mail to email@example.com.
The Teachers are required to teach through grade 7 th to 12 th . The Board that the school follows are CIE,IB and ISC. However, the successful applicant will be expected to do the following:
- To intellectually inspire each boy with the love of Learning.
- Teach a core load and to adhere to all department policies, schemes of work and meet all internal and public examination requirements.
- To fully participate in the department’s existing programme and to be an innovative member of this essential part of The Doon School’s curriculum.
- Support the department in the carrying out of substitution work.
- Teach extra classes to support each boy as is deemed necessary.
- To attend all on going subject and whole school training as part of the school’s ongoing professional development programme.
- Perform examination duties and contribute to the setting of examination papers as required, both internally and externally.
- Adhere to the Department’s and school’s marking and reporting assessment scheme and to attend all PTM’s ( Parent Teacher Meetings).
- To support the work of the Careers Information, Education and Guidance Department.
- Carrying out all teaching and other aspects of life as a professional teacher at The Doon School with honesty and integrity.
- To undertake duties and responsibilities requested by the Headmaster from time to time.
- To be able to escort boys on various department trips.
- To be able to use technology to teach the Subject.
- He should be able to make lesson plans.
- In addition to the teaching responsibility, a teacher at The Doon School is expected to get whole heartedly involved in the pastoral duty and co
- Curricular activities offered at The school.
- All Members of teaching staff are also expected to get involved in various sports available to student at the School.
Other aspects of the teaching requirement at The Doon School
As the school has always believed in a holistic education for each boy, the teachers are also expected to take the opportunity to get involved in their area of interests or expertise. A teacher at Doon is expected to do the following:
Act as a Tutor
- Every teacher is attached to a House and is appointed a group of boys in the same age group. The teacher is a guide academically and pastorally to the boys.
- Attend tutor meetings called by the Housemaster.
- Hold tutorial meetings.
- Counsel boys on a one-to-one basis and as a group.
- Take his tutees on a 5 day trek twice a term.
- Do one day and one night out excursion with the tutees once a term.
- Get to know and correspond with the parents of the tutor group.
- Visit the tutees in hospital at times.
- Advise tutees on disciplinary issues.
- Do scheduled toye and games duties.
- To eat breakfast and lunch in the Central Dining Hall with ones tutees and to inculcate manners and proper decorum at meals.
- Inculcate good reading habits.
- Write a report on all tutees twice a year.
- Help tutees to complete 5 hours term of social service outside of school. 5 hours is the absolute minimum and most boys undertake much more.
All teachers are expected to do House rounds and toye duties on appointed days and assist the Housemaster in the running of the house.
If competent enough, a new teacher could be given a sport to run at the junior level to begin with. But all teachers must do at least two sports coaching sessions per week. This is the absolute minimum. Those who are in charge of a sport will have to be present on all evenings during the season or on fixed days if the sport is played throughout the year. Masters-in-Charge of sport are also requested to fix all inter school, tournament and IPSC, Council, district, state and national dates in advance for the calendar.
Teachers are also expected to do:
- The required number of invigilation duties during The Doon School Admission Examinations.
- Attend school functions, maintain school discipline and be proactive in and outside the classroom.
- To be a member of the Masters’ Dining Room.
- To attend all staff meetings and Chambers.
- To attend school events such as Founders and Prize Giving.
- To always up hold the values and traditions of the school and to be an example to the boys.
Special requirement for Design & Technology Teacher
The Doon School is looking for an experienced Industrial Design/product Design, who is an expert is Design Process and has fluent communication skills.We are interested in someone who can develop and deliver a course on Design Thinking for children of Years 7 through 12. The applicants should be able to work with curriculum guidelines of IGCSE, ISC and IB Boards. We are looking for team players who can collaboratively develop a “Creativity curriculum” for the whole school. Industry experience or experience in the field of Design Education will receive favourable consideration.
The successful candidate will receive:
- Excellent salary package.
- Medical insurance for immediate family.
- Accommodation on or off campus.
- Free meals.
- Personal self insurance.
- Free education at the Doon School for children.
- Re-imbursement of local day school fee.
- Those candidates selected for interview will be provided with a detailed programme.