When boys walk through the portals of The Doon School, it takes a while to let go of the apron strings and settle down. The extra care and concern so needed at that stage is ensured by housing the young D Formers in two holding houses under the personal care of a Housemaster, an Assistant Housemaster Dames and a team of Tutors.
In 1935, The Doon School started with just two Houses – Martyn and Barrit. All the new boys reported in the building now known as Hyderabad House. Hyderabad House, called Martyn House then, thus became the first House at The Doon School.
Named after the second Headmaster of The Doon School, John Martyn, the Martyn House is one of the two holding houses. This building currently houses 40 Grade-7 (D Form) boys who join the school each year. Well lit and airy dorms with attached bathrooms, a well furbished common room, rooms for ‘toye’ and a badminton court are some of the features of this facility.
The house also provides connected residential accommodation for the Housemaster and the Tutor ensuring close supervision and attention.
Tutors: PKJ, SDA, MIA, DKM
Dame: Mrs. Priyanka Majumdar